On the sterile field:
- Place a disposable towel or small stack of 4x4s onto the spill and allow it to be absorbed.
- Place in yellow chemotherapy disposal bag.
- Gloves must be changed after cleaning a spill.
- Place used gloves in yellow chemotherapy bag.
Off the sterile field:
- Don gloves.
- Place disposable towel onto the spill and allow it to be absorbed.
- Wipe area of spill with a bleach wipe.
- Place towel and bleach wipe into yellow chemotherapy disposal bag.
- Remove gloves and place in yellow bag.
- Wash hands.
WMI-039 Rev 01/2018